Building Information Modeling (BIM)
Morley-Moss uses Building Information Modeling (BIM) to manage and coordinate projects during both the design and construction phases.
BIM is a process whereby our in-house BIM/CAD (computer-assisted design) specialists create a 3D model of a building, enabling comprehensive document management, coordination, and simulation during the entire lifecycle of a project (plan, design, build, operation, and maintenance).
Using BIM and CAD technologies, Morley-Moss can help deliver a project more quickly and more cost effectively than what is typically possible with other project management strategies.
Working in collaboration with other project team members, our BIM specialists build the integrated graphics and data systems needed to assess a facility through 3D visualization. We can also work with consultants to produce the required contract documents, resulting in a seamless BIM experience for everyone involved.
- Enhances design collaboration and synergy across multiple disciplines, such as mechanical, electrical, plumbing, architectural, and structural.
- Creates documentation that engineers, general contractors, subcontractors, and clients can clearly understand.
- Capable of minimizing change orders, which can help lower the cost of a project.
- Allows for the use of parametric models (3D objects) that are able to store pertinent information throughout the design and construction of a project.
- Allows a project team to make seamless global changes to a project.
To learn more about our BIM services, contact us today.